Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #9 - Imagine

Today I imagined a better world.

It's a lot harder than John Lennon makes it sound.

Truth is, the world is difficult.  Those closest to us are suffering and those farthest from us are suffering.  There is so much devastation that happens without being instigated by humans.  I'm sure John Lennon saw this, which is why he was puzzled that there could be war and anger among people.  There's enough bad in the world without us adding to it.  So I will imagine that the world could be a place where we could all love each other - not just on our birthdays - not just when we're grieving - but at all times.

For a little inspiration, I went this morning to Strawberry Fields in Central Park to visit the Imagine mosaic tribute to John Lennon.



Imagine has become one of my favorite songs.  So much so, that I learned to play it on the piano.  I performed it tonight in tribute.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRTduhBNHQ&feature=youtu.be

So, I'm not superstitious, but I am also not one to let a coincidence go unnoticed.  Tonight I got home after going to the imagine mosaic, I recorded imagine on the piano, and then I opened my mail.  I have never before received a solicitation for donations to the Central Park Conservancy.  Why is this a coincidence?  Because with a $100 donation, they will send me a copy of "Strawberry Fields: Central Park's Memorial to John Lennon." by Sara Cedar Miller.  What the what??  I've never received a solicitation from them - how did they even find me?  Why today?  Needless to say, I will be donating.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one














Yes I laid down on it.  No, he's not actually buried there.

No comments:

Post a Comment