Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #11 - Pouring one out

Could I complete 30 days of new experiences without the obligatory "bartending"?

Sure couldn't.

Tonight, I finally mixed a real drink at a real bar!  I might add that it was delicious.

Fortunately, a friend from work knows the owner of a bar who was graciously willing to let me live out yet another 30 for 30 dream.  If you're in the East Village, you should definitely check out The Wren http://www.thewrennyc.com/ for some awesome drinks, gastropub food (spicy beef jerkey), and AMAZING bartenders (not just me).

The cocktail I chose to make for my 30s was called a black and blue.


Yep, it started with two scoops of blueberry jam!  Then I added the small part of the small measurer of lime juice.


Then I added a big thing and a medium thing of some delicious type of alcohol.  I added 6 ice cubes and then I got to...


shake shake shake!  Of course, I had to top it off with a splash of soda.  So, bartending is actually a lot harder than it looks!  There are so many parts involved in just making one drink - I couldn't keep it straight.  I definitely remembered to tip my bartender well ;)

Bottom's up.







This one's for you, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment