Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #17 - TODAY

My early morning routine consists of my getting ready while watching the Today show.  I listen to Matt and Anne and Al as I am brushing my teeth and getting dressed.

Today, some of you watched me on this show as you were getting ready!


We got up at 5 to make sure we were the first ones in line to get on the show!  We hurried in with my poster in a plastic bag.  I, of course, made it with washable markers...not a smart idea since it was raining (you can see the effects).

We stood next to someone who is quite a celebrity himself - Lenny.  Lenny is a staple of the Today show and has been every day for the last 20 years.  If you look, you'll definitely see him standing in the crowd every day.  People seemed more excited to get a picture with him than with the anchors!


The neon pink "30 for 30  #17: Today Show" made its way into quite a few audience pans early in the morning.  I parked myself right in front and pasted a smile on my face.  We were devastated to hear Al Roker was in D.C. this week!  There would be no one to interview us and wish me happy birthday!
(picture taken of actual TV)

That didn't stop us from living up every possible moment on air!  Brad Pitt was interviewed with Jonah Hill for the first time ever on the show.  Of course, the most interesting part is me and Mike jumping around in the background.



I think he really liked my kissy face at him!  You can watch the full interview (Mike and I are in about 90% of it) here http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/01/10287932-brad-pitt-jonah-hill-talk-moneyball-and-oscar  Lots of 30 to 30 action in the background!  Best moments are at 10:07 (a real kiss!); 3:55; and 5:34 (in the far right corner).


I was slightly better behaved as Matt and Anne were talking.  I sat there with my sign and my smile.  After the segment, we got to chat with Matt and he totally remembered me from the flight last week!

Just as I was about to leave - satisfied with my amount of airtime - I was approached by a woman asking if I was a fan of Kathie Lee and Hoda.  Since the answer is "of course," she signed me up to be on a segment called "who knew."


That's right!  I won $100 and was wished a happy birthday by Kathie Lee herself!!!  If you want to see the full segment, it's here http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29054368/ns/today-kathie_lee_and_hoda/#46220911

Today I learned that it's sometimes worth it to wake up before 5am (even with a little drizzle), Brad Pitt is still pretty cute, and even if you think you missed your chance at something, a better opportunity might just come along in the 4th hour!

Thanks, Today!

2 comments:

  1. you totally made my day...the Brad Pitt background jumping video was the coolest thing I've seen since Al Roker. :D Love you Shai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....love you and this was awesome

    ReplyDelete