Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #16 - Coffee Break

A lot of my 30 for 30 has been an attempt to bring joy to random strangers.  I enjoy getting reactions from people - even if they're mean, it's still interesting.  So, my plan for today was yet another stranger interaction.  I was going to buy $30 worth of Starbucks coffee for whomever was in line at Starbucks.

As I was planning, a secretary walked by and mentioned how much she enjoyed hearing all that I was doing for 30 for 30.  I then realized something I sometimes forget - and a lot of us forget - we should take every opportunity to support the people around us.

We usually remember to do nice things for ourselves.  Then we do nice things for those who are closest to us, like our family and friends.  Then we often look to charity or strangers when trying to do things for the world.  But, there are people all around us who make a difference in our every day lives.  They deserve the love too!

So, my mission for today changed.  Instead of supporting some stranger's caffeine habit, I bought coffee for all of the secretaries on my floor.

I secretly got the 10 coffee orders and ran to pick them up.


As I walked around to pass out the drinks, I was called the "Starbucks Fairy."  It seems that at 3pm, a caramel macchiato or skinny vanilla latte is exactly what people need.  I even saved someone who was on her way to the vending machine for some candy.


Although I can't buy the whole world coffee every day at 3, I can remember to thank the people who make my life easier or more interesting.  And a little mocha every now and then doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment