Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #29 - Brunettes Have More....

When I was growing up my siblings used to tell me I looked like I used to be blonde but someone pushed me in the mud.

Though the color changes with time and sun exposure, I have been a blonde since I have been wearing lipstick.  (With the small two month exception of dying it "deep plum").

For the past 10 years, since starting college... wait, that's 12 years now, yikes!...I have even had the exact same haircut.  Today, that changed.



Yippee!  I've now spent the entire day as a brunette!  I planned on recording some of the responses to my new 'do.

  • Mike walked right past me in the subway looking for me.  "Haha!" he said, "I was looking for a blonde."
  • "Oh," a senior partner exclaimed, "how long has this been going on?" (drawing a circle around his face with his finger).
  • "I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this," an associate dryly said.
  • "It goes great with your complexion!"
  • "It's terrible with your complexion!"
  • "It looks good...what happened?" someone sincerely asked.
  • "OH. MY. GOD. AHHHHHHHH!"
  • I was handed a print out of a web page titled "Choosing the Right Hair Color and Product."
  • "Your face needs warm tones.  This look is too cool."
  • "You look so much better with dark hair."
  • "Mike can pretend you're a new person!  Not in a skeezy w... well, yeah, skeezy, but not bad."
  • "Did you have to do the bangs and the color at the same time?"

Coming in from the cold.

Just a brunette doing some law.

I'm just gonna say it.  Blondes have more fun!

.

1 comment: