Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

30 for 30 Countdown #28 - Sugar Ray Shaina

I still remember getting the email about the creation of an Emory boxing club.  It seemed hysterical, but of course I wanted to join.  After the first workout, I was hooked.




By the way, that TOTALLY was not a quote from me.  The actual Emory club fizzled rather quickly, but I was not about to give up.  I began training at the women's classes instead of the co-ed Emory class.  I LOVE both my trainers, Terri and Biggs!

Mike and I even got to be in a photo shoot for the Atlanta Corporate Fight Night event!



Apparently Mike's picture has even been stolen and used on some Venezuelan boxing site!


How does this all relate to my 30th birthday?  Well, I've lived in New York now for a year and a half and still haven't found a boxing gym.  This was the perfect opportunity to force myself to put on the gloves and get ready to hit some bags.

Church Street Boxing Gym it was!

It was a good thing I had some boxing experience because I could hardly understand a word our trainer said.  I just smiled and he giggled and somehow my jabs connected to his pads.  Now I'm quite happy and ready to add boxing back in to my regularly scheduled activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment