Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bienvenido a Miami

I've been in Miami for a few days now.  Hooray for vacation!  As always, the weather is humid and the people are... non-English speakers.  I LOVE IT!  New York has some beautiful city views, but Miami ain't bad.

Because I love Morgan Lewis and want to see every office possible (See Shainainjapan for visit to Tokyo office) I made arrangements to visit the Miami office!  I had befriended a first year associate who let me know that I could stop by anytime and on Wednesdays the whole firm had lunch together.  I was really excited about the idea of getting to meet everyone at once!  My friends back in New York told me I would look like a loser showing up at work on my vacation for a lunch.  "Hey guys," they teased, "I'm just here on my vacation for a free lunch."

They didn't bother me enough to not show up.  I really enjoyed seeing a different office that was the same - yet SO different.  First of all, you all know how much I hate going up to the 44th floor in my New York office.  The Miami office is on an even HIGHER floor!  53!  I had to take three elevators just to get there.  (Not kidding).
(They work on the top floors of this building!)

I bet you're wondering what they served everyone for lunch.  Pizza and champagne!  Not bad for a Wednesday afternoon.  Gotta love Morgan Lewis!

No comments:

Post a Comment