Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SEAreal

My mom just quit her job and moved.  Okay, so she retired!!  Congratulations, Mommy!

Anyway, this means that she had to move from a large 4 bedroom house into an already completely furnished 3 bedroom condo.  This means that I can no longer keep a full bedroom and garage full of my old things at her house.  I took a trip down to Florida and had to make some of those "tough decisions."

As I tried to convince my mother that she did not need 16 different sets of beer glasses or 26 expired tubes of neosporin, I knew that I had to get rid of some things myself.

When I went on Semester at Sea, I was going through an interesting phase.  I'll call it what it is - my cereal phase.  (Julia recently reminded me of this phase last weekend as I was looking at my rear end in a bathing suit... "you look great - remember when you used to eat all that cereal?").  Not only was I obsessed with EATING cereal - I was obsessed with everything about it.  Traveling through 10 countries, I decided to buy some memorabilia from each one.  I bought a piece of jewelry from each one.  I also bought a box of cereal.




Can you tell which country each of these are from?

Needless to say, I was disappointed in my choices.  I was hoping for the Russian Count Chocula or an Irish bee saying honey nut "cheerio!"  No cute little cartoons in European cereal.

As fun as it was having empty cereal boxes from 2002 to store, I decided it was time to say goodbye.  Farewell, fiber-filled boxes of fiber.  We need all the space we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment