Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Dirty Jerzzz

New Jersey has always scared me. I recall in college thinking that it was some type of porthole for aliens. Seriously, New Jersey is sooo tiny on a map yet somehow one out of every four people I meet are from there. I haven't heard any other reasonable explanation.

This weekend I spent a nice amount of time in the real dirty Jerz - Lake hopatcong. Turns out the Jerz isn't so bad after all.

After arriving on Saturday, we had turned on one of my favorite documentaries- idiocracy - and played some billiards before going to dinner.

As we left the house, I looked at the Jersey establishments.  I saw two stores called "the liquor factory", "snono" gas station, and "Food Mart." Then I realized New Jersey is pretty much in the year 2505. I looked for the trash heaps and when I saw some, I became uncomfortable that I was unscannable.

Okay enough of that (but if you haven't seen idiocracy you need to).

Darren took us to pub 199 for dinner where you can get a lobster and 24 clams for only $21!



Then we went to the landmark Cliff's Homemade Ice Cream Shop. Mmmmmmm.





But the real reason we came was for lake fun on Sunday!!





































We boated over to a lakeside restaurant for brunch where Darren used to work as a dock boy!



 Fueled on bacon and eggs, Darren was the first to jump on the wakeboard.


Since he's been doing it all his life, he's pretty awesome!  Nice jump!




This is me water skiing!  


Then we went tubing!  Darren tried to kill Mike.


I told them to take it easy on me, but no such luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment