Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

Amazon

We've all received this email:  "Dear Shaina Stahl, we thought you might be interested in the following items..."

Dear Amazon, NO.  I'm not interested in ANY of those items.  You have never ONCE sent me an item recommendation that I have EVER been interested in.

Amazon's problem is that people frequently use Amazon to buy gifts or novelty items.  Somehow, their service cannot seem to distinguish what might be a gift, what someone might actually be interested in, or what someone will buy once and never buy again.

No, Amazon, I don't want to buy a fake moustache.  I JUST BOUGHT 36 OF THEM FROM YOU LAST MONTH!  I'M GOOD FOR A MINUTE!

It is the season where I am reminded of why Amazon has such outlandish recommendations for me.  I sign up to buy christmas gifts for kids in need.  Last year I bought a little girl a barbie dreamhouse.  Amazon has been recommending barbie DVD's, figurines, and panties to me ever since.

The little note from Samantha said:

Dear Santa:
How are you doing?  My name is Samantha and I am 6 years old.  I'm asking if you can get me a dollhouse because I am a good girl.
Thank you,
Samantha

She even drew a picture of a "well-endowed Santa" probably hoping to boost his self esteem and make him want to buy her more presents:

This year, I had to buy toys for two brothers.

Dear Santa: My name is Justin.  I'm writing to you because I want some toys for christmas.  The present that I like spider man toys.  Thank you for read my letter.

Dear Santa: My name is Jeremiah, I like some presents from you for christmas.  I like spider man toys.  I like to much that toys.  Thank you very much for read my letter.

I ended up getting them each a spider man web shooter, spider man boots for Jeremiah and a backpack/ sleeping bag for Justin and they also each got some toys.



I just logged onto Amazon to buy some soap.  "Shaina, we think you might like...." and there it was.  A spiderman cape.  Yes, Amazon, I would like a spiderman cape, but really I'm here to buy a bar of Dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment